I’ve decided to do these short “My Power Outfit” series as a way to steer away from more of the branding & marketing-focused in order to share with you ANOTHER passion of mine (and equally important to building a brand) which is fashion & style. Today’s outfit features of one my favorites: the long cardigan.
Over the weekend, I did a quick shoot with my sister Naeema to photograph one of my favorite long cardigans that I have from Oasap. I love me a long cardigan because you can dress it up or down. Here, I dress it down a bit with jeans and high heel boots. It’s perfect for a weekend or after-work meeting with business partners or a casual date with friends.
Although casual, this outfit embodies my spirit and personality perfectly. It’s:
- SIMPLE, YET SPUNKY
- A BIT DARING (I’m talking about the heels)
As anyone who pays attention to style knows, you can look like a million bucks, but if you don’t FEEL it, then what’s the point?
The key to wearing a long cardigan is this:
- Make sure the cardigan is the focal point of the outfit, but don’t be afraid to pair it with another statement piece. (It was a bit cold outside, so I put on a hat!)
- Depending upon how full it is, “slim”the outfit down with fitted jeans and a fitted top.
Alot of people think they always have to on 100% by way of heels, makeup, etc…but I disagree. You can still embody POWER in casual looks as long as you make sure you inner radiance exudes. As you build your brand, you’ll have to know how to manage both sides (professional and personal).
Check out the rest of my long cardigan photos and let me know what you think!
Thank you to Oasap who provided the long cardigan that I wear in this post.
What’s your takes on POWER outfits? Share love in the COMMENTS section and let me know.
Sweater: Oasap, Casual Solid Knitted Ribbed Cardigan (Use coupon code “oasap1st” for 12% off your first order.)
Hat: vineyard vines
Boots: Calvin Klein
Lipstick: Cheek By Rez Cosmetics “Urbanista”
Latest posts by Rana Campbell (see all)
- A Car That Complements Your Lifestyle: 2017 Hyundai Elantra Eco - March 14, 2017
- What To Do After Getting Fired From Your Dream Job - February 10, 2017
- 3 Self Care Tips To Get You Through Difficult Times - February 9, 2017