How could you know where you want to end up if you don’t know who you are?
David Michael Jonze is a 22-year old Artist doing his best juggling act. The Orange, New Jersey native is a recent grad of William Paterson University where he studied Media Production, Public Relations, and Interpersonal Communications. His eclectic experience has taught him the value of versatility in the creative world and the importance of serving as a producer, promoter, and distributor in all creative endeavors. He aspires to be a creative force using music and film and his primary tools. He’s also a No Parking podcast editor and producer.
KEY QUOTES & TAKEAWAYS
1. There’s a lot of people who have dreams, but are not willing to invest in themselves.
2. “You have your days when you’re looking at it and say, “Yo, I might have f*****d up. I may not be good enough to do this, but you gotta shake that off real quick. Remind yourself you’re in too deep. You gonna be as good as you gotta be.”
3. Learn yourself. “All those times in high school I spent not doing work, I was learning myself. Thinking about my thoughts…my actions…who I really was as a person. I really got to learn me as a person and what made me tick. I was really receptive of things that I needed and wanted.”
4. Never ignore your gut instincts.
5. If you want to know yourself, sit and reflect about your day. It’s an important tool. We need that time. Don’t be afraid of the truth. You have to want to want to be the best version of yourself.
6. Your motivations need to be internal (or your energy will run out).
7. Focus on running your race.
8. You can’t be afraid to talk. Learn how to articulate your ideas and be passionate about what you want.
9. Remember: Certain things are beyond your control.
10. If you have it in you to keep fighting, keep fighting.
How has learning who you helped you put your #dreamsindrive? Share your story in the COMMENTS section below!
Latest posts by Rana Campbell (see all)
- How To Promote & Market Your Podcast | 10 Tips For Growing Your Podcast Audience - July 1, 2017
- Blavity CEO Morgan DeBaun Talks The Steps You Must Take To Test & Validate Your Business Idea - June 23, 2017
- How To Dominate Your Niche & Take Your Platform To The Next Level w/ Cora Harrington of The Lingerie Addict - June 21, 2017