Defining your personal brand is key to creating opportunities that can get you moving in the right direction (both professionally and personally).
On the latest Dreams In Drive episode, I chatted with Tia James, a personal branding strategist and student at the University of Missouri who helps college students and young professionals strategically execute their personal brands. She uses her knowledge of branding for larger companies and combines that with her training in career exploration to create comprehensive plans for her clients.
Tia shares some of her personal branding tips for lifestyle entrepreneurs (intrapreneurs or side hustlers) who want to start building better personal brands and setting themselves up for greater opportunities. She talks about what inspired her personal journey, lessons she’s learned along the way, juggling school +business, and what keeps her going during tough times.
IN THIS PODCAST YOU’LL LEARN:
– How being named after TV twins Tia & Tamara Mowry influenced her personality
– What Tia did to launch her own coaching/consulting while still in college
– How to get your first client by word of mouth + personal conversations
– Why “taking it a step further” is the key to creating opportunities
– Why personal branding isn’t only for entrepreneurs
– How to figure out which social media platform is the best for your brand &network effectively
– How to balance business + life
– How to handle clients who aren’t taking your work seriously
– Why learning how to say “no” will help you build your brand…and more!
Let me know what you think of this episode with Tia! If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to comment below or send me an email at email@example.com.
Latest posts by Rana Campbell (see all)
- How To Promote & Market Your Podcast | 10 Tips For Growing Your Podcast Audience - July 1, 2017
- Blavity CEO Morgan DeBaun Talks The Steps You Must Take To Test & Validate Your Business Idea - June 23, 2017
- How To Dominate Your Niche & Take Your Platform To The Next Level w/ Cora Harrington of The Lingerie Addict - June 21, 2017